Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Galkan gardening tips!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Feylorn
Admin
Admin
Feylorn

Galkan gardening tips! Empty
PostSubject: Galkan gardening tips!   Galkan gardening tips! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Well, I've been doing gardening in game since I started playing, so that's 4 years now!

Firstly I have to say, ignore pretty much every gardening guide out there, apart from the lists of which pot/seed/crystal combos 'ca' get you what items.
All that bumf about planting on certain days, at certain times and moon phases is meaningless, any (unproven) effect that stuff might have on your results is minute at best, and non-existent at worst. Oh, and if you are going to do it, use your full allowance of 10 pots to make it worth your time.

The things that 'will' affect your results are-
Type of Pot - generally affects the amount of items you get at the end, but the variance isn't that big. Simple brass pots can do just as well as expensive arcane ones most of the time.
Type of seeds - This is a biggie, as each seed type produces a set group of results. Pick the ones that can get you what you are after!
Type of crystal - This again has a big effect, as it determines the subgroup of items you can get from each seed, pick the right one for what you want again.

I'm not going to list recepies here apart from a couple I use regularly, as there are plenty of seed/pot/crystal combo lists online.

So, what do I grow?

Mainly I grow tree saplings to make gil from. Saplings if grown with no crystals and in any pot, take about 4 weeks RL time till you can harvest them, but they only have 3 items they can produce: Gold leaf, possible to get more than a stack from each plant, and sells for 15k a stack.
Reishi mushroom, only tend to get 1 or 2 per plant, but again sells for 15k a stack.
Light Ore, the cash crop. Average 1 per 10 pot harvest, but I have had up to 3 at a time. These sell for 100-120k each, this is your big earner.

Most cost effective way to grow these is not to buy the tree saplings directly, as they are about 90k a stack. Instead buy tree cuttings for 30k a stack, or farm them from goobbues if you have the time. Grow the cuttings on a mule, use no crystals just check daily (RL). Each plant will get you 1-2 tree cuttings, to sometimes you will get something sucky instead, but you should end up with more than 10 tree saplings per harvest. Grow these with your main, or another mule if you want. This way you can keep yourself stocked with saplings for minimal cost.

Ok, that's the time consuming version, now for one for folks who want results a bit quicker.
Wildgrass seeds.
These things only take about 4 RL days to grow, so no long term commitment to check them for more than a few days.
Wildgrass seeds usually get you some sort of chocobo food items, but might also get you coloured rocks, and often crystals.
Crystals might actually be the main reason for growing these. The basic rule is, whatever crystal you use to fertilize the plant with, will get you crystals of the element that crystal is strong against. So water crystals will get you fire crystals, and earth will get you lightning etc.
This is usually a good deal, as you will be only using one crystal per plant, but each plant can give you anything up to a stack and a half of crystals back.
Otherwise, just grow these for tokopekko grass (water crystals), Vomp carrots (earth) or Zegham carrots (ice) as these all sell reasonably well, and will give you a nice steady income.

Hope this helps any aspiring gardeners get off to a good start.

-Fey.
Back to top Go down
Lyth
Decent challenge
Decent challenge
Lyth

Galkan gardening tips! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galkan gardening tips!   Galkan gardening tips! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:54 pm

cool Fey ty Galkan gardening tips! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

Galkan gardening tips!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Linkshell Members :: Guides-
Jump to: