Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Different Colors

Go down 
+2
Rixchs
Jican
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jican
Easy prey
Easy prey
Jican

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:37 pm

I would change the colors around. It's really dark and foreboding in here. And you can't really see what's under the pictures unless your nose is like 2 inches from the screen. Also, as I was making this profile, I had to highlight a few words on the side, since the background and the text were both black.
Back to top Go down
Rixchs
Admin
Admin
Rixchs

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 4:50 am

Yeah I agree with ya there Jican. Dark colour schemes can be hard to pull off, and for me the dark colour scheme of the site doesn't reflect it's content, (we're not all goths or emos are we? Surprised ) I'd suggest something lighter, or white.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesketchbook.co.uk
Rixchs
Admin
Admin
Rixchs

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:09 am

Sorry for double post, I've tried a different theme for the site. Done this at work so I can't replace the top logo yet, I'll do that when I get home. Let me know if you like it, or want to go back to dark gloomy gothicness.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Even match
Even match

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:32 am

Gray is a little generic isnt it? =O
and it makes the text a little harder to read.... for me, black against gray sux
Back to top Go down
Feylorn
Admin
Admin
Feylorn

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 am

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the off green bits or the blocky squares myself, but then again I personally liked the dark forboding theme Different Colors Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Feylorn
Admin
Admin
Feylorn

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:49 am

Ok suggestion.
How about the old theme, as I quite liked the icons and buttons that had, but just change the colours on it if people don't like the white on black text, and black background?

Having looked through the available pre-built themes they have, most of which are horrible, I think picking a decent icon scheme and customizing the colour scheme to something we like would be best. Probably something purple themed to fit in with our LS colour in game.
Back to top Go down
Rixchs
Admin
Admin
Rixchs

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:55 am

Hmmm... I'm gonna see if there's any options to allow users to choose their own theme. I remeber on other forums i've admined, you could give people that option. That way everyones happy.

That said, I'll mess about with it again, so expect some changes.
Back to top Go down
Feylorn
Admin
Admin
Feylorn

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:19 am

Well currently we seem to have gone a bit French with the buttons Different Colors Icon_eek

Being able to personalize things would be nice, but we also have to consider new users. When we get new members coming here to sign up we naturally want the base forum to look decent.
Back to top Go down
Rixchs
Admin
Admin
Rixchs

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 am

Bonjour Fey!

Nous nous excusons de l'inconveience.

*click, click*

>>loading<<

There we go! At least it's in english =3
Back to top Go down
Feylorn
Admin
Admin
Feylorn

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:32 am

Actually I quite like this current theme. Buttons and icons are all nice and clear. Overall it's not too dark, at least I don't think so. Besides, individual elements of the colour scheme can always be tweaked.
Back to top Go down
Rixchs
Admin
Admin
Rixchs

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:38 am

I like this one too, certain elements are good, but the colours on it do need tweaking, like the header bar. I'll have a look.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Even match
Even match

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:44 am

this color scheme works, my eyes wont bleed and its not emo dark!
Back to top Go down
Sierge
Admin
Admin
Sierge

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 am

I just picked one of the available themes I liked and went with it. Didn't really give it much thought. I don't mind if it's changed, especially if other people are up for it.
Back to top Go down
Kailayla
Decent challenge
Decent challenge
Kailayla

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 am

I really dont like these new icons, the folders specifically. I can't see what has new posts as easily. I don't care about general layout color, as I force firefox to use my system colors. YAY for black text on dark purple

To reinforce my problem with the folders, just look at this section of the forum, i posted it in a new topic because I didn't see there was new stuff here.
Back to top Go down
Feylorn
Admin
Admin
Feylorn

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Ok I've left the general theme as is, seeing as it's pretty easy on the eye, easy to read, and looks clean. I have however restored the icons to the old ones, which I agree with Kai look a lot better than the folder ones.

See what you guys think to this layout.
Back to top Go down
Kailayla
Decent challenge
Decent challenge
Kailayla

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 pm

I like this, for all the reasons you stated
Back to top Go down
Haru
Even match
Even match

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:56 am

yeah, the layout is really nice now, easy to see, and easy to notice new/old posts
Back to top Go down
Feylorn
Admin
Admin
Feylorn

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:55 am

Good, looks like the team effort has resulted in a layout everyone is happy with. Different Colors Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Different Colors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Different Colors   Different Colors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Different Colors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Suggestions-
Jump to: